Neural network API, Kotlin support, the Android 8.1 preview and Android Studio 3 new features that you have to understand
Once only 55 seconds of conference of the Android Oreo in 8 after a lapse of two months, Google today on its official website officially released the first Android 8.1 developer preview version, the upgrade covers for multiple function optimization, which contains the Android Go (the equipment running memory is less than or equal to 1 GB) new API neural network and speed up the equipment of machine learning (Neural Networks API). The corresponding local optimization is also made based on the feedback from Oreo users and developers. The official version of Android 8.1 is expected to be released in December.
The release of this Android 8.1 preview is probably a minor revision for other phones, but for Pixel 2 series phones, it is critical. After the upgrade to Android 8.1, Pixel 2/XL mobile phone in the bomb was "frozen" Pixel Visual Core will be activated, will bring a better camera experience etc.. As we all know, thanks to the addition of new algorithm, even though the Pixel 2 mobile phone still adopts the single shot scheme, but on the DxOMark mobile phone photo ranking list, this mobile phone has beaten many dual cameras.
New features of Android 8.1 developer Preview
In addition, Android 8.1 also brings the latest optimization, vulnerability repair and security patches of the whole platform. At the same time, it also adds some new functions and new developers API (API level 27). Include：
- Neural network API:As part of the introduction of a machine learning program to Android, Google joins the neural network API through NDK. It enables the implementation of hardware acceleration reasoning (inference) operations on the device. And a neural network API is designed for machine learning framework, such as TensorFlow Lite -- Google Mobile's cross platform machine learning framework, and other API, such as Caffe2.
- Application notification:Notification ringtones per application are limited to one per second, and notifications beyond that frequency will not appear in the notification queue and lose.
- Android Go memory optimization and supportAndroid 8.1 contains a series of Android for Go (operating memory 1GB or less) memory optimization settings: two FEATURE_RAM_LOW and FEATURE_RAM_NORMAL hardware characteristic constants, help developers in general configuration or more than 8.1 of low memory Android devices distributed application resolution APK.
- Autofill framework upgrade:The developer preview has been trying to expand the Autofill framework to improve the use experience of key management and other Autofill services. In this upgrade, you can handle a number of requests from developers and add some features and API. For example, increasing the flexibility of Autofill services in the management and preservation (Save) dialog box: supporting customized dialog boxes, managing text in dialog boxes, and deciding whether to display text by verifying program. At the same time, Service can also simplify the maturity date of the credit card by setAutofillOptions.
- Shared memory API:The new API allows App to allocate shared memory and read it more quickly to shared data. App can create and map anonymous shared content through this API, while protecting control over it. This API supports Parcelable and AIDL (Android Interface Definition Language), and also has some practical functions, such as removing write permissions.
More than Android 8.1 Oreo developer preview, Google has officially released Android Studio 3 and introduced a series of new features to its IDE. At the I/O 2017 developer conference held in May this year, Google promised to bring support to the Kotlin language. As a expressive and concise language, it can be interoperable with the existing Android language and runtime. According to the requirements of App, developers can use it more or less.
Android Studio 3 focuses on accelerating Android application development, including a large number of updated content, mainly divided into three functional blocks, including:
- A new application analysis tool for rapid diagnosis of performance problems;
- Support Kotlin programming language;
- It is used to speed up the new tools developed on the latest Android Oreo API.
Overview of Android Studio 3 Update
- Kotlin programming language supportAs Google announced in Google I / O 2017, the Kotlin programming language has been officially supported for Android development. This version of Android Studio is the first milestone version to support the Kotlin language. Many popular functions (such as automatic code completion and syntax highlighting) can work normally in this version, the follow-up will continue to improve the function of the editor. You can choose to add Kotlin to the project by using the built-in transformation tool in "Code Convert Java File to Kotlin File", or create New enabled projects using the New Project Wizard new project wizard.
- Java 8 features support improvementThis version continues to improve the support for Java 8 language features, and adds the migration to a javac tool chain. It's easier to use Java 8 Language in projects.
- Layout Editor improvement- better drag - and - drop inserts and new notifications of error.
- Adaptive Icon Wizard
- XML Fonts & Downloadable FontsIf it is a Android application developed for Android Oreo, you can now use Android Studio 3 to add custom and downloadable fonts.
- Android Things SupportA new set of templates is included in the "new project" and "new modules" wizard to support the Android Things platform.
- IntelliJ Platform Update- built in IntelliJ 2017.1.
- Support the construction of instant application (Instant App)
Speed improvement of construction
Google's Maven warehouse change
- CPU Profiler
- Memory Profiler
- Network Profiler
- APK Analyzer improvement
Test and debug
- Emulator Google Play System Images
- Emulator OpenGL ES 3 Support
- Emulator Proxy Support
- App Bug Reporter
- Android Wear Rotatory
- Android Emulator Quick Boot (Canary)
- APK Debugging
- Layout Inspector
- Device File Explorer
- Android 8.1 developer preview details:Https://developer.android.google.cn/preview/api-overview.html
- Android 8.1 developer preview download address:Https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html
- Android Studio 3 details:Https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/10/android-studio-30.html